West Kent Dog Care terms of business for services effective from 1st Jan 2018
1. The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of West Kent Dog Care, or is using any other services provided by West Kent Dog Care, and agrees to indemnify West Kent Dog Care in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
2. The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, West Kent Dog Care has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
3. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by West Kent Dog Care staff prior to using West Kent Dog Care. West Kent Dog Care reserves the right to refuse any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
4. The Client agrees to notify West Kent Dog Care immediately of any unwelcome, aggressive, or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
5. West Kent Dog Care offer services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
6. West Kent Dog Care will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent form’ has been signed, and will remain at the discretion of West Kent Dog Care operator.
7. The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog receives while under the care of West Kent Dog Care together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorises the staff of West Kent Dog Care to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of West Kent Dog Care may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs immediately upon pick-up of their dog, or by agreement with the proprietor.
8. West Kent Dog Care reserves the right to refuse services if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete.
9. West Kent Dog Care reserves the right to alter or refuse services for bitches in season or pregnant. West Kent Dog Care reserves the right to refuse services if the Client fails to inform West Kent Dog Care of a bitch in either condition..
10. The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated against Kennel Cough, there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that they will not hold West Kent Dog Care responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending.
11. The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify West Kent Dog Care immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough, Parvovirus, Corona virus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. West Kent Dog Care reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
12. The Client agrees that West Kent Dog Care cannot be held responsible for any infectious and/or contagious condition (as mentioned in 11. above) developed by their dog
13. West Kent Dog Care will not use images of any dog in any media or advertising unless the Client consents to their dog being photographed or filmed. All such media remain the property of West Kent Dog Care.
14. The Client agrees that West Kent Dog Care is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing, bedding or toys or any other item left with their dog.
15. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten at least one hour before pick up by West Kent Dog Care or from the time their dog is delivered to West Kent Dog Care to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in potentially life threatening conditions.
16. Where West Kent Dog Care are collecting the dog the Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
17. West Kent Dog Care will ensure that any premise is secured prior to leaving. The Client agrees that West Kent Dog Care cannot be liable for any subsequent damage or loss.
18. West Kent Dog Care reserves the right to reduce exercise period in event of extreme weather conditions where staff or animal safety may be compromised.
19. No variation of these Terms and Conditions will have effect unless confirmed by West Kent Dog Care in writing.